Acts 1: 7-8

He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Baragan Teen Ministry Update



Up until this point I (Maurice) have been part of the leadership team but have not gone to the teen club in Baragan on Tuedays evenings. I went this week for the first time and was a little overwhelmed at first. We have a classroom that we rent in the school there. The club has been growing each week, with a high of 17, this week we had 26! It was a little loud and chaotic, but also great in another sense. After an hour the teenage Romanian boys, who are very macho and proud of their muscles, lined up to arm wrestle me. After about six straight boys my arm was ready to fall off. Then us boys went outside to play basketball in the dark. It was only after a few minutes of investing time in them and they were very attached to me. It was remarkable to me that they are so hungry for attention from an adult male. I instantly felt a bond to alot of the boys. Most of the boys play handball in school, and they were all telling us when their games are and asking us to come. For me, it was the first ministry that I really felt needed and God drawing me to. It is a place that I feel I can really make an impact. Maurice

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Scott

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. Kathy